Candice Warner terrifying ‘rock bottom’ after Sonny Bill Williams fallout

Candice Warner has revealed just how bleak it got after her toilet incident with Sonny Bill Williams, a scandal that still haunts her to this day.


Candice Warner has broken down revisiting the trauma of her infamous incident with cross-code rugby great Sonny Bill Williams in an emotional interview ahead of the publication of her new memoir.

The pair met at the Clovelly Hotel in 2007, with the then-21-year-old Bulldogs star celebrating a win with teammates while the 22-year-old Warner had attended with friends after a day out at the races.


https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/197581

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/228819

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/232482

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/239092

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/243085

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/247648


“We were chatting, there was some flirting, and then we did, we wanted to kiss,” Warner revealed.

“The last thing we wanted everyone looking and all eyes on us, so we thought we would go to somewhere that was more private. Clearly we went it a place that was unacceptable.

“We kissed. We kissed in that cubicle and who knows what could have happened? Maybe things may have eventuated, I don’t know, and I will never know, but what I do know is that I probably could have stopped that photograph going out.”

The private moment would have stayed private but for a photo from a punter who took a photo under the cubicle that blew the scandal up.

Warner admits she still thinks about how she should have handled it differently.

“I should have just picked that phone up and deleted it,” she admitted. “I shouldn’t have gone into the men’s bathroom, but I can’t change any of those things.”

The photo sparked a frenzy in the media.


https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/256505

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/256536

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/256581

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/256642

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/256673

https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/de-making/demakepis/issues/256708


But Warner called out the “doubled standard” which saw Williams seemingly given the “boys will be boys” treatment, while she was slut shamed.

“It was incredibly unfair, that double standard, but it wasn’t just me at that time who was treated like that,” Warner said.

“Most women were treated like that. For men, it was high-fives and ‘tell me all the details’ but for women we were pigeonholed to be a certain person or a certain type of person.

“It still blows my mind to this day how I was forced to apologise for a drunken pash that I had on a night out.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/candice-warner-opens-up-on-impact-of-sonny-bill-williams-sandpaper-scandals/news-story/e353c63450f78ec09f05b51e4cfdaa4a

Komentar